What type of employment and training projects do we deliver?
The Association also helps deliver our training and employment objectives.
We’ve set out below some of the successful projects Easthall Park Housing Co-operative and Easthall Residents Association have recently co-ordinated:
- For the last five consecutive years, managing and co-ordinating in partnership with John Wheatley College and local Registered Social Landlords a HNC in housing/community development qualification, as well as a SVQ2 in Health and Social Care.
- Developing environmental training programmes in partnership with Action for Children that have provided a stepping stone for further training and employment opportunities.
- Adapting procurement practices and working in partnership with MITIE Property Services to create two apprentice positions and an apprentice with JS McColl Painting and Decorators.
- Working in partnership with Easterhouse Housing & Regeneration Alliance to create modern apprentice opportunities which led to permanent employment at Easthall Park.
- Providing employment training posts in partnership with the Glasgow Centre for Independent Living.
- Establishing local work placements through Community Jobs Scotland funding.
- Provide annual bursary to support local people in further education, 5 residents benefitting in 2012