0141 781 2277


Rent Management Policy August 2018

Difficulties paying your rent

It is important that you pay your rent on time each month. If you are finding it difficult to pay or have fallen into arrears the most important thing to do is to contact the office.

In our experience most problems with rent arrears can be sorted if early action is taken. If you are in arrears we can agree a suitable arrangement to pay off the debt. All discussions will be treated confidentially.

We are not here to judge. We are here to help. The following information sheet explains what you should do if you are having any difficulties in paying your rent Information sheet 13 Dealing with rent arrears

We will do all we can to help you deal with your rent arrears but if you fail to agree or keep to an arrangement the Co-operative may have no option but to take legal action against you which may result in you losing your home. This information sheet explains how and when we take legal action and what this means Information Sheet 14 Legal Action & Eviction

If you are not working or have a low income you may be entitled to Housing Benefit or Housing Costs in receipt of Universal Credit. This can cover all or part of your rent depending on your household income and how much rent you pay.

For details on Housing Benefit administration and local offices, please contact www.glasgow.gov.uk.

For a benefits calculator to find out what benefits you may be entitled to, please click here.

Easthall Park employs a full time Welfare Rights Assistant who can provide a wide range of advice on welfare rights and other money matters and who can signpost you to a wide range of other agencies too.  Please call for an appointment (available Monday - Thursday) or drop in on Friday mornings.

You can also find free, independent advice on debt and money issues from any of the agencies listed on the Scottish Government’s Financial Health Service website www.scotlandsfinancialhealthservice.gov.uk

If you are receiving Housing Benefit but are still having difficulty meeting your rent payments, you may be able to get extra help from the Discretionary Housing Payment Fund.

The fund has been made available by Glasgow City Council with assistance from the Scottish Government.

Remember, if you do not contact us or keep to arrangements to pay your arrears, the Co-operative may be forced to proceed with legal action that could result in you losing your home.

We have a policy that sets out our approach to rent management. 

If you are having trouble paying your rent please contact us now by: phone, in person, or using the form below: