0141 781 2277

Universal Credit

'Bedroom Tax'

Discretionary Housing Payments

Benefit Cap

Benefit Appeals

The Claimant Commitment


Personal Independence Payments

Local Housing Allowance

Information sheet 13 Rent arrears

Taking a lodger booklet

Bedroom Tax booklet


If you are claiming JSA, ESA, Income Support or Universal Credit you will first have to accept a claimant commitment.  This is a record of the requirements that the claimant must comply with in connection with an award of the above benefits.  If you do not agree or comply with a claimant commitment then your benefit could be sanctioned.  If your Employment Officer wishes to change your claimant commitment you must first be notified of any changes.  If you disagree with your claimant commitment and/or wish to make changes to it, you must put this in writing to your local Jobcentre Plus.  If you don’t have a claimant commitment, your responsibilities will be recorded in your Job Seeker’s Agreement, your action plan or your appointment letter.