Employment, Training & Volunteering Opportunities
Easthall Residents Association (ERA) deliver training, employment and volunteering opportunities in through their activities in the Glenburn Centre and our communities. ERA prides itself in offering training, volunteering, and employment opportunities within its activities. Currently every employee within ERA has progressed from a voluntary position into employment with the organisation. Supporting individuals development is at the very heart of our values and ethos of ‘Putting People First’ in developing our community.
Training & Employment
The training and employment opportunities provided by ERA include the following;
- SVQ in Youth Work
- SVQ in Health and Social Care
- REHIS Food Hygiene, Health and safety and First Aid Qualifications
- Children and Young Person Activities Leaders
- My Life My Choice Activity Leaders
- Centre Support Assistants – including landscaping opportunities
- Café Support Assistants
- School approved Work Experience placements
The Co-operative and ERA have worked closely to secure funding from the Scottish Government Investing in Communities Fund, which has allowed us to appoint an Employment and Personal Development Officer, Eddie Murdoch. Eddie can support you to:
- Develop or update your C.V
- Access employment and training opportunities
- Provide advice on interview techniques to help you get the job you want.
- Secure certificated training and qualifications
- Help you with job search.
The success of ERA is based on the commitment and dedication of their staff supported by local volunteers.
ERA is always looking for more volunteers to support the delivery of community activities and services to benefit all residents in our communities. The volunteering opportunities on offer include the following:
- Peer mentoring – (aimed at young people supporting various children’s activities)
- Sports coaching – (via football, cycling and Active Schools sessions)
- Childcare and Youth Work opportunities - (via Homework and Youth Clubs)
- Health and Social Care - (via My Life My Choice service)
- Hospitality – (via kitchen/café)
- Cycling – Cycle Ride lead and Assistants
- Walking – Walk leader
It is a great opportunity to meet people, gain new skills and experience and have fun with other volunteers and the people who benefit from these services. Why not give it a Go!